Saturday, July 3, 2010

Each day a little Muppet should shine



I love the Swedish Chef. He makes me truly laugh. In a place I previously worked we had a  "This is who I am and this is what I do" book that we published for all the employees, one of the questions that we were all asked was "Which Muppet character do you identify the most with". My choice, of course, was the Swedish Chef. My reason is simple. I feel like a lot of times HR people are like a chef. You pick and choose the right ingredients for your masterpiece and present it to the waiting crowds. Sometimes you do well. Sometimes there is something that is just a bit off. Sometimes it is utter disaster. But no matter what, you keep trying and presenting until for a moment everything comes together in perfection.

Plus I often feel when I talk, people are hearing me much like the Swedish Chef. They know I am saying something, but they just can't quite make it out. 

Love and Serentiy

No comments:

Post a Comment